2017 Ford F-350 XLT
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Katerina Krjanina
Since its founding in 1903, Ford has been a pioneer in global industry. Perfecting quality is a credo at Ford.
2017 Ford F-350 XLT
6.2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8 engine (F-250/350)
TorqShift Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift Automatic
385 @ 5750
21 city/29 hwy/ 24 combined Estimated MPG
The 2017 Ford Super Duty can be described as the most capable heavy pickup Ford ever built, as it was projected to be the toughest and the hardest working
Since its founding in 1903, Ford has been a pioneer in global industry. Perfecting quality is a credo at Ford. From design and manufacture to sales and service, Ford always stands for customers interests, producing exactly what modern drivers need.
For has a longstanding engagement to developing and performing innovations that make the vehicles safer for customers and their families. It should be noticed that the company is also constantly working in the field of reducing CO₂ emissions.
In 2003 Ford celebrated its 100th anniversary, as the company who put the world on wheels, and keep doing till nowadays.
The 2017 Ford Super Duty can be described as the most capable heavy pickup Ford ever built, as it was projected to be the toughest and the hardest working. The weight of this vehicle is reduced with the help of aluminum alloy body. Instead, the most important parts have become more heavy and stronger – axles, beefier steering and carriage components, and a new fully boxed frame made of 95 percent high-strength steel. It resulted in a new pickup, that is much stronger, but lighter up to 350 pounds!
Together with all-new components – fully boxed high-strength steel frame, beefier suspension, chassis and driveline – higher engine torque performs best-in-class payload and tow ratings. The set of new technologies make hauling and towing tasks easier than ever before. The new 2017 Ford F-350 XLT has a towing capacity of 21,000 pounds – much higher, compared to competitive models.
Another new feature is the pickup bed: class-exclusive available BoxLink to keep accessories, center high-mount stop lamp camera, LED box lights, class-exclusive remote tailgate release/power-locking tailgate and class-exclusive tailgate step.
Prices and Versions
The 2017 Ford Super Duty offers 15 models to select with a price rate from $32,535 – $77,325.
|2017 Ford F-350 XLT||$37,920|
The new 2017 Ford F-350 XLT has become even more powerful and strong! It performs a conventional towing capacity of 21,000 pounds — greater than ever before.
- 2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8 engine (F-250/350)
- Transmission: TorqShift Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift Automatic
- Torque: 430 lb.-ft.
+ Optional 6.7L Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel engine
The 2017 Super Duty is a heavy pickup with the aluminum alloy body, which is substantially lighter than the previous body, but still remarkably strong. Using aluminum alloy allows to replace some parts with heavier details where it matters the most, especially in the frame that’s the foundation of strength and toughness.
- Bumpers, front and rear – chrome steel with front grained top cover and black lower air dam
- Door Handles – black
- Grille – Chrome bar-style
- Headlamps – Quad-Dual beam halogen
- Lights – Pickup box and cargo area
- Mirrors – Manual Telescoping Trailer Tow with Power Heated Glass
- Pickup box – partitionable and stackable
- Tailgate – Tailgate Assist and quick-release
- Tailgate – Tailgate Lock, Power
- Tie-down hooks – pickup box
- Tow hooks – (2) front, black
- Seats – Front, Manual Lumbar Support, Driver Side
- Seats – Rear, 60/40 Flip-Up/Fold-Down Bench Seat, Fold-Flat Lockable Storage (Crew Cab)
- Air Conditioning – Manual Temperature Control
- Audio – Auxiliary Audio Input Jack
- Audio – AM/FM Stereo, Single-CD with MP3 Capability, (4 Speakers regular cab, 6 speakers Super Cab and Crew Cab)
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- SYNC Basic
- Cruise control
- Dash-top tray
- Rear View Camera – Tailgate mounted
- Airbags — front seat front with passenger side deactivation switch (Regular Cab and SuperCab only)
- Airbags — front seat side
- Airbags — Safety Canopy System with roll-fold side-curtain airbags
- Belt-Minder, chime and flashing warning light on instrument cluster if belts not buckled
- Child tethers (Regular Cab, front passenger and all rear seating positions)
- Seat Belts – color coordinated with height adjustment (front outboard seating positions only)
- SOS Post Crash Alert System
- Remote keyless entry and perimeter anti-theft alarm
- SecuriLock Anti-Theft Ignition
Ford should have called this truck, The Strong. It is very powerful and strong. Any cowboy will be happy to ride this truck anywhere. The 2017 Ford F-350 XLT is ready for action.
The new 2017 Ford F-350 XLT has become even more powerful and strong! It performs a conventional towing capacity of 21,000 pounds — greater than ever before. It also benefits with its new weight – lighter up to 350 pounds, which is a leap ahead.
2017 Ford F-350 XLT has a good price around $37,000. This price is low compared to other similar trucks available in the market.
Up to seven available cameras raise visibility for on-site tasks, including Trailer Reverse Guidance for the often backing up a trailer. The Super Duty also offers available BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Tow, Lane Keeping Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support.
Moreover, this truck loaded up with awards:
- 2017 Motor Trend Truck of the Year
- 2017 Truck of Texas – Texas Auto Writers Association
- 2017 Truck Line of Texas – Texas Auto Writers Association
- Best Overall Truck Brand – 2017 Kelley Blue BookBrand Image Awards
- Best 3/4-Ton Work Truck – 2017 PickupTrucks.com Work Truck Challenge