2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Katerina Krjanina
«Born to survive»
This is the way that the Raptor F-150 is being called. There is no road or place where this country boy would get stuck!. This pickup truck can be good for suburbs or country side, on regular city roads it looks huge, but it is not hard to drive it, it will fit on any road and in most parking lots. Enjoy real power with 450 HP, that is huge! Imagine 450 horses pulling at the same time!
2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab
Drive system 4×4
Electronic 10-speed automatic
High-Output 3.5L V6 EcoBoost with auto start-stop
450 @ 5000 (93 octane)
510 @ 3500 (93 octane)
23-gallon (standart range)
Fuel economy MPG
Combined Estimated MPG
15 / 18
City / HWY
The 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab is true heavy artillery, it is a premium truck. It was made for the off-road tracks and long distances. An owner of the 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab will enjoy power, huge size and luxury features for its segment. It is not a pickup truck, it is a premium work of art made by Ford.
This car seems to be a perfect companion for a strong man. But who said, that the 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 cannot also become a great family car?
Despite its unusual and strong appearance, the interior of Ford Raptor is incredibly spacious so this car can easily take care of your family members with space for 5 to 6 passengers, yes! almost like a minivan or cross over SUV inside a pickup truck
The History of Ford
It would be hard to believe that anyone in the world can have no idea about the personality of Henry Ford and his innovations. The history of «Ford Motor Company» started in Detroit, Michigan in 1903, when the Ford A was presented. it is actually believed by many people, that Ford`s first car was the famous Ford T (1908) but in fact, it was only one of the most popular and the first car to be produced by conveyor equipment.
During all these 115 years Ford has been producing vehicles with the goal to meet our needs and requirements, and the 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab is not an exception.
Engine and Performance
Despite its enormous sizes, the Ford Raptor is very easy to drive. The car is instantly reacting on your every move which is not typical for this type of large vehicles.
This is what comes inside this great machine, that makes the Ford Raptor work so well:
- High-Output 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine
- Auto Start/Stop Engine Technology
- Dual exhaust with dual tailpipes under rear bumper
- Electronic 10-speed Transmission with Tow/Haul Mode
- Fuel Tank – 26-gallon (SuperCrew )
- Fuel Tank – 36-gallon
- 17-inch cast aluminum wheels with high-gloss machined face and Magnetic-painted pockets
- 315/70 R17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires
- Heavy-Duty Jack
Definitely not the cheapest pickup truck on the market. It is a premium automobile for its segment.
|2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab||
Starting at $49,265
The interior is incredibly spacious and comfortable. It is equipped with a high-quality digital system with optional Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, so you can easily connect your smartphone to your car. Leather-trimmed seats are adding some glamour to this brutal or even aggressive car. Even if it is a strong tuck, it is also full of features and interior options that can improve your life and driving experience.
After all we spend so many hours driving every day, it seems that our car is our second home. It is nice to have an F-150 Raptor SuperCab as a strong and large second home on the go
These are some of the interior features;
- Seats – Front – Bucket seats with center flow-through console, Unique seatback bolsters, unique cloth
- Seats – Rear – 60/40 flip-up split bench (Super Cab)
- 110-volt/400-watt Power Inverter – Rear Flow-Through Console (SuperCab and SuperCrew®)
- 4.2″ Productivity Screen
- Auxiliary audio input jack
- Black carpet flooring with unique rubber front and rear floor mats
- Cruise control
- Delayed accessory power
- Dome light
- Fade-to-off interior lighting
- Flow-through center console with floor shifter
- Fully flat load floor (SuperCrew® models)
- Gauges and Meters – Fuel, Oil Pressure, Transmission Temperature and Engine Coolant
- Temperature; Speedometer, Odometer, and Tachometer
- Grab handles (B-Pillar) – Rear, Driver- and passenger-side (SuperCrew® only)
- Outside temperature display
- Overhead console with six auxiliary upfitter switches
- Power door locks with flip key and integrated key transmitter keyless entry including auto-lock
- Powerpoint, 12v – Rear (SuperCab and SuperCrew® )
- Reverse Sensing System
- Steering wheel, manual tilt/telescopingSteering wheel, manual tilt/telescoping
- Steering wheel, manual tilt/telescoping
- Unique interior trim accents
- Visors with driver- and passenger-side covered mirrors
- AM/FM with single-CD
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- SYNC with AppLink™
The 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab isn’t actually something most of us are used to see in our daily lives, but it is impressive. The size and the 450 horse power are impressive. But it is certainly not the only advantage of this Ford, the exterior is full of nice details that especially those truck lovers will enjoy.
- 170 Degree Rear Door (SuperCab only)
- Autolamp – automatic on/off headlamps with rain lamp wiper activated headlamps
- Bumper, Rear – Performance, Accent-Color
- Cargo lamp, integrated with center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL)
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler
- Fascia, Front – Body-Color
- Flared front fenders with air extractors, flared pickup box outers
- Grille – Unique with FORD block letters
- Handles, door, and tailgate – Black bezel with black strap
- Hood with air extractors
- Hooks – cargo box tie-down (4)
- Integrated marker lights
- Quad Beam LED Headlamps and LED Taillamps with Black Surround
- Running Boards, Cast Aluminum
- Side Mirrors – Manual Folding
- Side Mirrors, Dual Glass – Power Adjust
- Side Mirrors, Skull Caps – Black
- Skid plates – Heavy duty, front, and engine
- Spare Tire Carrier – Rear underframe
- Tailgate, power lock
- Wheel lip moldings – Unique, Accent-color
The 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab was created for the off-road tracks and it does its best to keep you and your passengers safe from danger or discomfort. These are some of the most important safety features included on this F-150, very impressive compared to other cars in the same segment.
- Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC® )
- Airbags – Front, Driver, and passenger
- Airbags – Front, Driver, and passenger seat-mounted side
- Airbags – Safety Canopy® side curtains
- Curve Control
- Four-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
- Safety belts – Active Restraint System (ARS), three-point manual lap/shoulder belts with height adjusters, pretensioners and energy management retractors on outside front positions
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
With an approximate price close to $49,000 this is not a budget or cheap pickup truck. The Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCab can be considered premium, luxury for the truck segment, and a little bit expensive. Its power and features show that the price is worth it for those who want to have the truck of the trucks. Ford has been able to create a powerful machine, that looks good, it is big, but also practical, with good technology and after all beautiful..especially for those who love the country look.
The 2017 Ford Raptor F-150 SuperCab is not for everyone, it is perfect for the countryside. It is strong and powerful, but it can also be a friendly giant for the whole family and can be easily driven by anyone as it is very easy to maneuver,
Driving the Raptor through the roads of Florida gives me the sensation of power and contact with nature, I feel like a country music star enjoying my fancy powerful truck. It is really powerful, it has 450 Horsepower, It could tow a house!
The F-150 Raptor Super Cab comes with many features that will make your life easier. One can tell that Ford put a lot of effort to make it a premium truck. Great features like rear seats with 60/40 flip-up split bench, rear view camera with dynamic hitch assist, four-wheel anti-lock brakes, easy fuel® capless fuel filler, my key remote system, and much more to enjoy the road.