2017 KIA Sedona SXL
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by KIA
One of the most secure SUV`s in the world by now. Stylish, spacious, comfortable, equipped with modern technology. This is what «Kia» means by a modern family car. This vehicle was created for those who highly appreciate a perfect combination of traditional KIA comfort augmented by technological innovations.
It is very different from the 2015 KIA Sedona SXL and 2014 KIA Sedona SXL . Modernized exterior which is now even more aggressive make the whole thing look absolutely stunning. It is no longer a typical van for big families as it was believed to be before. What can also be highlighted as a great change, is the digital system. It was completely redesigned.
2017 KIA Sedona SXL
Front – Wheel drive
Electronically Controlled 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive with Sportmatic
3,3 L DOHC, 24 – valve
276 hp @ 6,000 rpm
248 lb-ft @ 5,200 rpm
Fuel tank capacity
Combined EPA MPG
27 city / 37 HWY
In 2002, Kia entered the minivan market with the all-new Sedona, touting it as the most feature and amenity-rich yet lowest priced van in the nation, offered with a wide range of perks and a long 100,000-mile warranty. Minor changes were made to the 2003 Sedona, including new tail lamps, remote fuel door release and other minor interior and exterior changes. In 2004, Kia revamped the front grille, added alloy wheels to the EX trim and made a few changes to other trim levels. In 2005, larger drum brakes were integrated across all trims, and second-row captain’s chairs were added to the LX trim. In 2006, a completely redesigned Sedona was introduced, offering a more powerful 3.8-liter V6 engine that made 244 horsepower, offered better seating and hosted a plethora of new features and options. For model years 2007 and 2008, no major changes were made. In 2009, Kia added optional GPS and made USB and MP3 integration standard. The 2010 Sedona offered a backup camera in the EX and parking sensors were added to the LX and EX trims. The 2011 Sedona offered a minor styling redesign, and a more compact 3.5-liter engine that got better fuel mileage. Kia made no significant changes for model years 2012-2014.
The 2015 Sedona shares very little with its predecessor: The platform, sheet metal, interior, and power train are new. At 201.4 inches, the minivan’s overall length has shrunk by 0.6 inch, on a wheelbase that’s stretched 1.6 inches. The Sedona’s width is unchanged, and the roof now nestles 0.8-inch closer to the pavement. In addition to structural improvements, the development team also invested time and material in sound-deadening measures, an investment that’s apparent in the cabin’s quietude.
The 2016 Kia Sedona minivan offers plenty of upscale style and features while retaining Kia’s traditional value pricing. For the 2016 Sedona, all models get a standard rearview camera. The Sedona EX now has heated front seats, and SX and SXL trims get seating for eight with the optional Technology package. Kia is the sister brand of Hyundai, and offers a similarly wide range of well-built family cars that are competitively priced and all come with a seven-year warranty. That is one of the reasons why Korean cars are valued and desirable all over the world.
2017 KIA Sedona SXL is going to be perfect for those who need some space. It is perfect for big families as even if your SXL has a full load, none of the passengers will feel cramped. That is a rather important advantage as it is a quite speeded problem even for SUVs and Vans.
Rather big vehicle dimensions cannot put the driving characteristics at the disadvantage. The car is perfectly easy to drive. When I first took the car for a test – drive, I had an impression as if I am driving a hatchback instead of the huge SUV. So it can be also a great car for the inexperienced drivers.
This vehicle can easily meet all requirements no matter who is its owner. Certainly the best choice for housewifes who take their kids to school, extra lessons and has an impressively big shopping list to buy at the supermarket. But KIA Sedona SXL 2017 can also become a great every day car for those who work at the office and need lots of space for carrying the gym bag, snack, laptop and a bunch of all other stuff we usually don`t know where to put.
KIA Motors History
One of the most famous Southern Korean car company which occupies a leading position in the middle price segment one of the best «ratio of price to quality». Before the 1970s, the company was engaged in the production bicycles and motorcycles. In 1988 the released their millionth car.
Kia Motors Corporation (KMC), founded in 1944, is South Korea’s oldest manufacturer of motor vehicles and is now a subsidiary of the Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group. Over 1.5 million vehicles a year are produced in 13 manufacturing and assembly operations in eight countries. These are then sold and serviced through a network of distributors and dealers covering 172 countries.
With a brand slogan “The Power to Surprise” they continue to impress us with a style, durability, energy and speed.
In 2006 Peter Schryer, who previously worked at «Volkswagen» and «Audi», was invited to KIA Motors as chief designer and since that time the main designer feature of KIA cars is a radiator grill in «tiger`s grin» style.
Since 2013 KIA is occupying the leading positions in sales in the world. The company`s best seller is KIA Rio.
Engine and Performance
The 2017 KIA Sedona SXL contains a 3,3 L DOHC 24 – valve. It has a great fuel consumption in the segment spending 11,8 L/ 100 km.
- 3,3 L DHOC 24 – valve engine:
- Front – wheel drive (FWD)
- Electronically Controlled 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive with Sportmatic
- Torque: 248 lb-ft @ 5,200 rpm
- Horsepower: 276 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Due to the CVT, the car has a perfect stability on the road and has minimal shifting offroad.
- Horsepower : 276 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Fuel Delivery System: Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)
- Transmission Type: Electronically Controlled 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive with Sportmatic®
- Fuel Tank Capacity (gal.): 21.1
|2017 Sedona SXL||starting from $ 41 900|
|2017 Sedona SXL||starting from $ 41 900|
This middle-class SUV offers a great- equipped and modernly designed interior. It feels great just if you only sit inside the new 2017 KIA Sedona SXL. Its incredibly comfortable leather-trimmed seats, great digital system which is very easy to use will surely make you feel as if you are inside a luxury vehicle.
The Sedona SXL is true luxury with genuine recliner seats that provide adjustable lower leg support and an extraordinary 11 inches of fore-aft movement. The First-Class Lounge Seats also deliver 3.3 inches of lateral travel—for additional space between your 2nd-row companion as well as easy access to the 3rd row.
Appearance also plays an important role. Personally, I do like exterior features of the 2017 KIA Sedona SXL.
It is a very attractive minivan. Both men and women will be pleased to ride it and catch the glances of a slight envy from the passersby. Colors of all tastes are available: Snow White, Bright Silver, Platinum Graphite, Venetian Red, Midnight Sapphire, Titanium Bronze and Aurora Black. Other peculiarities:
- The 19″ Mirror-Chrome Alloy Wheels give Sedona SXL a distinctive, bold appearance.
- The power operated, side-view mirrors feature the sleek integration of LED Turn-Signal Indicators.
- To handle tight parking situations, the Power-Folding Outside Mirrors conveniently fold in.
- Heating elements in the glass help keep frost off the mirrors to improve visibility.
- Chrome Exterior Door Handles add a touch of elegance to Sedona’s exterior. Solar Control Glass on the windshield and front-door windows reduces interior heat buildup so that you can keep your cool.
- A thin film fixed between layers of glass helps the windshield to reduce wind noise penetration at higher speeds.
- Standard Privacy Glass reduces heat buildup and offers some privacy for the rear-seat and cargo areas.
- Heating elements help defrost or melt snow from the rear window. There is also a convenient automated shut-off system to prevent overheating.
- The Auto Headlight Control offers the convenience of having the headlights adjust to the level of outdoor light.
- The Sedona SXL Projector Beam Fog Lights are integrated into the lower front fascia for a sleek, distinctive look
- Elegancy and style are best words to describe this car. And that is not all!
The 2017 KIA Sedona SXL strikes us with the great amount of internal features.
- Leather-trimmed seats;
- touch-screen color display for the newest version go UVO e-Services;
- Android Auto or Apple CarPlay;
- Automatic climate control
- Infinity 8-Speaker Audio w/ External Amplifier & Subwoofer, HD Radio™
- BLUETOOTH Wireless Technology Hands-Free Connectivity
- Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio, Hands-Free Phone, and Cruise Control Buttons
- USB/Auxiliary Input Jack
- Rear Parking Assist System (RPAS)
- Surround View Monitor (SVM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Supervision Meter Cluster w/ 3.5″ Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) Color Display Trip Computer
- Active Eco System
- Drive Mode Select (DMS)
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Power Windows with Front Seats One-Touch Auto-Up/Down
- Power Door Locks
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Push-Button Start w/ Smart Key and Immobilizer
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Cooling Glove Box
- Center Console with Armrest
- Front & Rear Door Bottle Holders
- Day/Night Interior Rear-View Mirror
- Auto-Dimming Mirror with HomeLink
- Interior Lighting with Delay
- Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Utility Flashlight
- Heated and ventilated Front seats
Aggressive, powerful, modern, freethinking. These are the words that come to mind when you see the new 2017 KIA Sedona SXL for the very first time. But what are the features to make it so impressive?
- Body-Color Mirrors w/ LED Turn-Signal Indicators
- Heated Outside Mirrors
- Body-Color Exterior Door Handles
- Chrome Exterior Door Handles
- Dual Power Sunroof
- Solar Control Glass, Windshield, and Front Door Window
- Sound-Absorbing Windshield Glass
- Privacy Glass
- Heated Rear Glass w/ Timer
- Height-Adjustable Liftgate
- Rear Wiper/Washer
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
- Auto Light Control
- Jewel-Type LED Positioning Lights
- Projector Beam Front Fog Lights
- LED Rear Combination Lamps
- Roof Rails
- Chrome Side Sill Accent
- Rear Spoiler
- Locking Fuel-Filler Door
The car to carry the most precious cargo. 2017 KIA Sedona SXL was created to be safe and secure family car. This vehicle has easily passed all the crash tests. It offers the best safety system which includes:
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- Rollover Mitigation (ROM)
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
The car is well-protected and you can feel safe riding it.
Glamorous automobiles are now not that popular as the were believed to be before. What many people need now are space and comfort and that is what this car gives you. Many people dream of the big and loving family. Why not start from the big and loving car?
The price of this Sedona, $41,900, it certainly is a great value regarding how much this car offers.
2017 KIA Sedona SXL is stylish, spacious and easy to drive. Stunning interior with leather seats, touch-screen color display for the newest version go UVO e-Services, AppleCarPlay or AnroidAuto and dual power sunroof puts it next to the luxury cars.
This vehicle also has a huge trunk which might be a strong advantage if you like long journeys or simply have a big dog. Anyway, you will not have to carry the stuff you don`t need on your laps.
To conclude I would say that 2017 KIA Sedona SXL is a perfect family car; it is comparatively big and safe. As other Korean cars this one is of a good quality and price worthy.
Stylish, sporty, and striking are not usually words you associate with minivans, but Kia have managed to fulfill Sedona with these qualities.
With room for eight, storage for family necessities, and a long list of standard and optional safety features, the Sedona is a compelling choice for value-minded shoppers.