2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Marco Carvajal
You deal with a sports car with the sense of balance, exceptional rear-wheel-drive handling dynamics and low center of gravity.
2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
2.0L Horizontally-opposed DOHC engine
Manual 6-speed(standard)/ Automatic Lineartronic CVT
205 @ 7000 rpm
156 lb-ft @ 6,400-6,800 rpm
Subaru of America was founded in 1968 as a Sales Marketing subsidiary of Subaru Corporation of Japan. In 1986 Subaru of America moved to its current Cherry Hill, NJ. Here, the 115,000 square-foot, seven-story structure serves as the company’s national headquarters. The company promotes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of around 600 retailers all over the United States.
The Subaru vehicles are well-known for its durability, reliability, traction and “active safety”. All models are also equipped with unique SUBARU BOXER engine and Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (on most), which makes them one of the highest repurchase-loyalty ratings in the U.S. market. Speaking of durability, 98% of Subaru vehicles produced and sold in the last 10 years are still on the road. Today, the Subaru product line includes the Impreza, WRX, STI, BRZ, Legacy, Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek. Also, Subaru is the 2017 Best Performance Brand according to the results of Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com.
The 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
The BRZ with independent MacPherson struts in the front and independent double wishbone suspension in the back, reflects what a sport car should be. You can enjoy dynamic and lively grip, with its Torsen limited-slip differential. An ultra-quick 13.1:1 steering ratio ensures instant contact with the drives and a sensitive feel of the road. Even on the top speed, it provides grip and confidence.
Prices and Versions
The BRZ model is available in two versions:
The 2017 Subaru BRZ Premium and 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
|2017 Subaru BRZ Limited||$ 27,645|
When the engine is placed backwards and close to the ground, it means you deal with a sports car with the sense of balance, exceptional rear-wheel-drive handling dynamics and low center of gravity. A naturally aspirated 2.0 liter horizontally opposed SUBARU BOXER engine is retuned to perform up to 205-hp, cooperated balance with power and efficiency. Direct- and port-injection technology supplies more than 100 hp per liter with no need for turbocharging, when the Dual Active Valve Control System optimizes valve timing for maximum response all the way to the 7,400 RPM redline.
- 2.0L Horizontally-opposed DOHC engine
- Horsepower 205 @ 7000 rpm
- Fuel economy 33/24 Hwy/City Estimated MPG
- Torque 156 lb-ft @ 6,400-6,800 rpm
- Wheelbase 101.2 inches
- Track (front/rear) 59.8 inches/60.6 inches
- Base curb weight (manual/automatic) 2,793 lbs./2,835 lbs.
- Ground clearance (at base curb weight) 4.9 inches
- 17 x 7.0-inch split 5-spoke black-finished aluminum-alloy wheels with machined accents
- 215/45 R17 87W summer high-performance tires
- LED headlights
- Fog lights
- Trunk spoiler
- Body-color side mirrors and heated side mirrors
- Body-color door handles
- Two-speed windshield wipers with variable-intermittent mode and mist feature
The interior is accomplished in Black Leather and Alcantara, which totally compliments the sporty outside look
The interior of the new 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited/HZE is accomplished in Black Leather and Alcantara, which totally compliments the sporty outside look.
A special attention should be paid to STARLINK Multimedia which connects apps to your vehicle and to your fingertips. It provides you access to news, navigation, weather, music, podcasts, and other multimedia through Pandora, Aha, STARLINK apps and SiriusXM Satellite Radio on both iOS or Android device. With this great service, you can keep your hands on the wheel and watch the road.
- 2 Infotainment Sys. HD Radio/CD Player
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone connectivity
- Automatic Climate Control w/Filtration
- SiriusXM (4Mos Free) & USB w/ipod con
- Passenger volume 76.5 cubic feet
- Cargo volume 6.9 cubic feet
- 6-way manually adjustable driver’s seat. 4-way manually adjustable front-passenger’s seat.
- Heated front seats
- Fold-down rear seatback
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle
- Simulated leather dashboard trim w/ accent stitching
- Alcantara/leather-trimmed upholstery
- Sport-design gauges with 4.2-inch multi-function display
- Analog speedometer, coolant temperature, and fuel-level gauges
- Digital odometer with dual-mode trip function
Safety system is presented with the following adjustments:
- Vehicle Stability Control w/ Track mode
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Brake Assist
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Dual-stage deployment airbags
- Subaru advanced frontal airbag system
- Seat-mounted front-seat side pelvis / torso airbags (SRS)
- Side-curtain airbags protecting front and rear outboard occupants (SRS)
- Height and tilt adjustable active front-seat head restraints
- Height-adjustable 3-point front seatbelts
- LATCH system: Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren
- Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
- Anti-theft security system
- Engine immobilizer
The new 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited has a powerful engine, 205 @ 7000 rpm horsepower, and dynamic grip even on the highest speed. The interior is accomplished in Black Leather and Alcantara, which totally compliments the cool sporty outside look. Back-to-basics, the BRZ is lightweight sports car with rear-wheel drive, it can be honestly called an excellent balance of quality, comfort and an affordable price.
The BRZ fast and strong loud engine is perfect for those who dream to drive in the race track
The 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited has a great low price around $27,000. The super sport style interior and exterior is ideal for race car lovers. Very beautiful architecture and design. The BRZ fast and strong loud engine is perfect for those who dream to drive in the race track. The BRZ can make your wishes become true without killing your wallet. A beautiful car for a beautiful price.