2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Marco Carvajal
The Toyota Sequoia is one of the most appealing large SUVs, and the brand new 2018 version is a work of art! The 2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum is a very strong and spacious luxury transportation machine on wheels, it is a full size SUV, big, solid, very strong, safe, and very comfortable with a luxury interior.
2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum[su_table]
|Transmission: 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)|
|Engine: 5.7-Liter i-FORCE V8 DOHC 32-Valve with Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing|
|Horsepower: 381 hp @ 5600 rpm; 401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm|
|Torque: 3,600 rpm|
|Fuel tank capacity: 26.4 Gallons|
|Drive unit: 4 x 4|
|Fuel economy: 15 Combined EPA MPG|
|13 / 18 City / Hwy|
“The 2018 Toyota Sequoia. For the family that plays harder.”
The first impression of this SUV can be described with one word, “fortress”, it’s really amazing how strong and well built is the Sequoia. You are driving your own fortress or castle with wheels.
The Toyota Sequoia is a full-size SUV manufactured by Toyota and derived from Toyota’s Tundra pickup. This SUV was the first Japanese vehicle to enter the popular mainstream of full-sized SUV class in North America. The Sequoia was created by Toyota with the intention to compete with other large SUVs, like Ford Expedition, Chevrolet Tahoe and Nissan Armada.
The 2018 Toyota Sequoia is definitely worth the audiences attention, because of its several characteristics, solid construction and large spacious interior. At first sight, this car may not be considered as a vehicle for everybody due to its large size, but this SUV can cope with different tasks, besides carrying the timber from the forest.
Kiichiro Toyoda founded Toyota Motor Corporation and the automotive Toyota Group. The idea of his own business goes back to the time when he used to help his father’s carpentry business, and decided to find a way of improving the batten-equipped tall loom.
In 1890, Sakichi moved to Yokohama in order to register a patent for his renewed hand loom design, traveling to the patent office in Tokyo to file the necessary application. It was a wooden handloom and the patent application was accepted in November of that year. It was awarded patent No.1195, “Loom”, the following year on May 14, 1891.
Today Toyota Motor Corporation is a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer, headquartered in Toyota, Aichi, Japan. In 2017, Toyota was the world’s first automobile manufacturer to produce more than 10 million vehicles per year. Toyota reported the production of its 200-millionth vehicle.
It certainly won’t be an exaggeration if we say that Toyota is one of the most famous brands in the world. What is more, it is a vehicle brand with a unique history. It was founded in 1924 and since that time it didn’t stop developing.
During these decades Toyota has been producing not only medium size vehicles as its main specialty, but also luxury cars, and even buses and trucks. It is now hard to believe, that long ago it all started making sewing machines.
Engine and Performance
The 2018 Toyota Sequoia looks really strong. Once you start the engine you will feel the power of the Sequoia.
These are some of the features and specs of the Sequoia’s engine:
- 5.7-Liter i-FORCE V8 DOHC 32-Valve with Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i); 381 hp @ 5600 rpm; 401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm
- Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV-II)
- 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i); sequential shift mode and uphill/downhill shift logic; TOW/HAUL Mode
- Multi-Mode 4WD with Torsen®44 limited-slip center differential with locking feature (4×4 only)
- Reinforced body-on-frame construction
- Engine and transfer case skid plates (transfer case 4×4 only)
- Front high-mounted coil-spring independent double-wishbone front suspension with low-pressure gas-filled shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar
- rear coil-spring independent double-wishbone suspension with low-pressure gas-filled shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar
- Independent high-mounted coil-spring double-wishbone front suspension with low-pressure gas-filled electronically actuated shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar
- Pneumatic cylinder height-controlled independent double-wishbone rear suspension with low-pressure gas-filled electronically actuated shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar
- Electronic Modulated Air Suspension
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system (which controls the damping force of the shock absorbers for all four wheels in accordance with driving and road surface conditions)
- Engine-speed-sensing Variable Flow Control (VFC) power-assisted rack-and-pinion
- Turning circle diameter, curb to curb (ft.)
- Power-assisted 4-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
The 2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum is a very strong and spacious transportation machine with wheels, the price for the Platinum model is approximately $67,235. There are other models of the Sequoia available for a lower price.[su_table]
|2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum||$67,235|
2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum has lots of stuff to impress people, but the interior is certainly capable to make you fall in love. It is so gracious and elegant, that you can feel you are sitting inside the most luxurious SUV. The leather seats, so much space and compartments, wood inserts, all together will make you want to ride the Sequoia again and again.
These are some of the interior features:
- Automatic three-zone front and rear climate control with air filter
- Entune™ Multimedia Bundle includes AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, touch-screen display, aux jack, USB 2.0 port with increased charging capability and iPod® connectivity and control, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, and voice recognition (integrated backup camera vehicle dependent). The Entune® App Suite includes Destination Web.
- Search, iHeartRadio, MovieTickets.com, OpenTable®, Pandora®, Yelp®, Facebook Places and Slacker Radio; Siri® Eyes Free36and real-time info including traffic, weather, fuel prices, sports, and stocks.
- Entune™ Premium JBL Synthesis® audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite – includes 6.1-in. high-resolution touch-screen display with split-screen capability and all the features of Entune™ Premium Audio and Entune® App Suite plus JBL®speakers, subwoofer, and amplifier
- 4.2-in. TFT Multi-Information Display with customizable settings, shift-position indicator, odometer, dual trip meters, outside temperature, current/average fuel economy, distance to empty, average speed, trip distance, and timer, Pre-Collision System, Lane Departure Alert and Sway Warning System, times until rest; compass; radio station
Rear-seat Blu-ray Disc™player with 9-in. display, two wireless headphones, wireless remote and rear audio system with 120V AC power outlet and RCA jacks
- Perforated leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats; 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power thigh and lumbar support; 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
- 7-passenger seating with perforated leather-trimmed and heated second-row captain’s chairs and multi-function center console
- Perforated leather-trimmed second-row heated captain’s chairs with multi-function center console
- Perforated leather-trimmed power 60/40 split, power reclining, fold-flat third-row seat with folding headrests
- Leather-trimmed power tilt/telescopic steering wheel, wood-grain-style accents, memory, audio, Siri® Eyes
- Free and Bluetooth® hands-free phone controls, Multi-Information Display, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Lane Departure Alert controls
- Multi-function remote keyless entry system with remote illuminated entry
- Power windows with driver and front passenger one-touch auto up/down and jam protection
- Power rear window with auto up/down, jam protection and defogger
- Second- and third-row retractable window sunshades
- Power door locks with shift-linked automatic lock/unlock feature
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink® universal transceiver
- Overhead console with storage and map lights
The exterior of 2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum definitely seems to be rock-solid. I am more impress with the interior and the engine of the Sequoia, but the exterior is also impressive.
These are some of the exterior features for the Toyota Sequoia:
- LED low- and high-beam headlights with auto on/off feature
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with auto on/off feature
- Integrated LED fog lights with chrome surround
- Chrome grille surround with chrome insert and accent
- Lower bumper opening with chrome surround
- Chrome auto-dimming heated power outside mirrors with power folding, reverse tilt-down and memory features, turn signal indicators and puddle lights
- Chrome door handles
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sliding sunshade
- 20-in. machined-finish split-spoke with silver accent alloy wheels with P275/55R20 111H tires
- Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers and intermittent rear wiper
- One-touch 3-blink turn signal indicators
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- Privacy glass on rear side, quarter and liftgate windows
- Power liftgate with jam protection
- Darkened rear taillight bezel
- Light-silver color embossed Sequoia logo with chrome surround on liftgate
- Color-keyed rear spoiler with LED center high-mount stop light
- Chrome body side molding
- Roof rack – silver color
- Running boards – black with color-keyed surround
- Adaptive Variable Suspension
- Electronically Modulated Air Suspension
- Engine and transfer case skid plates (transfer case 4×4 only)
Toyota has definitely done their best to create a beautiful and luxury large SUV perfect for everyone. It has an incredibly beautiful and spacious interior. This car is very large, it is a full size SUV, but still it wouldn’t be a problem to park it in the city, and what is even more important is that it is incredibly easy to drive. No matter for what you use it for, it is definitely worth the $67,235 purchase price of the 2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum. But if you want to save, there are less expensive versions of the Sequoia available.
The 2018 Toyota Sequoia 4X4 4WD Platinum is a very strong and spacious luxury transportation machine on wheels, big, solid and very strong, safe, comfortable and with a nice luxury interior. The Sequoia can be your own private fortress or castle with wheels.