2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Marco Carvajal
2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe
AMG-enhanced 3.0L V6 biturbo
AMG-enhanced 9G-TRONIC transmission
AMG-enhanced 9G-TRONIC 9-speed
20/28 MPG City/Hwy
Just like many huge and famous brands, Mercedes-Benz took its start with something small: an old mill, where two young automotive engineers started to fine-tune engines, in 1967. For sure, they’ve been doing it with so much passion, because today AMG can be truly named as one of the most sought-after vehicles in the world. Experienced craftsmen, automotive engineers and designers have made their best to test the limits and to find out, if short cuts never win the race indeed?
If you want to fall in love with this compact coupe, just drive it.
Forged for each separate engine, AMG crankshafts are united with splendid lightweight aluminum pistons for smooth, which are yet enduring, forged for each separate engine.
The AMG-enhanced 3.0L V6 biturbo engine features heavy turbochargers and refined AMG software to show high-quality and productive performance. The task of AMG transmissions is to improve muscle and deliver power with maximum speed and clarity.
If we talk about comparable systems, the AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive system has a great advantage, being lighter up to 35%!
This high-adrenaline driving experience worth a try, especially if you are ready to test what you and AMG are made of.
The price for 2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe starts at $55,500 depending on packages and accessories.
The 2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe is a great car purchase for people who would like to combine style, speed, comfort and appreciate their own safety
Engine and performance
- AMG-enhanced 3.0L V6 biturbo engine
- Net power 362 hp 5,500-6,000 rpm
- Net torque 384 lb-ft 2,000-4,200 rpm
- Acceleration, 0-60 mph 6 sec
- Rapid-multispark ignition
- Direct Injection act with millisecond speed and molecular precision
- An ECO Start/Stop
- Capacity is 17.4 gallons
- Estimated 20 mpg in the city
- Estimated 20 mpg in the highway
- Performance 0-60 mph 6 sec
The AMG C43 expresses its energy spirit on the surface.
The new C-Class Coupe seems to be sculpted to slice the air, with wide, long body, ready to steal hearts and affection of those, who admire speed and perfect design.
Does it sound like love from the first sight?
- Satin chrome splitter
- Color-keyed lip spoiler
- A deep valence with a silver diffuser insert
- Frameless door glass
- Functional glass sunroof features a large panel that can either tilt up for ventilation or slide Back for an open-air feeling
- Thin, tapered spokes featuring black-painted recessed ribs and inlays
- The side mirrors and side-window trim are finished in seriously sporty Gloss Black
- The AMG Sport Exhaust System
The interior may partially remind you Mercedes-Benz C 450 AMG 4Matic. You can also see many improvements like:
- The upper dash is elegantly upholstered in richly grained MB-Tex and impeccably topstitched.
- Aluminum/Gloss Black trim sweeps across the dash and doors, adding to the performance feel of the cockpit.
- Exclusively sculpted sport front seats feature deep bolsters hand-fitted in Black MB-Tex with DINAMICA microsuede inserts.
- A variety of upholstery and seating options are also available.
- Brushed-metal pedals with rubber studs and red-trimmed AMG floor mats underscore it all.
- Red seat belts make two bold statements: One for their racing-inspired style, and one asserting their role as the heart of an AMG safety philosophy that’s equally important on the street and on the racetrack
- An ECO Start/Stop system automatically shuts off the engine at stoplights and other idle situations
- A multimode drive program selector on the console lets you transform the car’s character with the flip of a switch.
- The console is trimmed in Black Ash wood
- Burmester Surround Sound system
The safety system of 2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe can be honestly called as a well-thought and detailed one. For example, Collision Prevention Assist Plus alerts you if some vehicle is too close from behind.
Crosswind Assist is the system which helps to detect the power of strong side winds on the car’s handling stability at highway speeds. The impact may be caused by a passing truck or lateral gusts.
Each system is carefully thought-out, they are:
- Collision Prevention Assist Plus
- Bright white LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Crosswind Assist
- Rearview camera
- Seat belt technology
- 10-way air bag protection
- Adaptive braking technology
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Program
- Aluminum and high-strength steel body structure
- SmartKey with KEYLESS-START
- Antitheft alarm system with remote panic feature
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Active LED headlamps with Adaptive Highbeam Assist
Active Blind Spot Assist
- BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist
PRE-SAFE Brake with Pedestrian Recognition
- Surround View System
- PRE-SAFE PLUS
The 2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 Coupe is a great car purchase for people who would like to combine style, speed, comfort and appreciate their own safety. Especially for Coupe lovers.
Rich spectrum of audio functions, including Bluetooth audio streaming, HD Radio receiver, Hands-free Bluetooth interface, In-dash SD card reader, Touchpad controller, Voice control and many others will safe your time and make your ride or trip comfortable.
Another system that really impresses me is the safety system. When you explore all of the details and functions, it becomes clear, that there is nothing more to look for the C43 Coupe is a great choice for coupe senda lovers.
Exquisite style, superior performance, and cutting-edge technology are those features that you receive from Mercedes-Benz.
If you want to fall in love with this compact coupe, just drive it…but careful….because driving this C43 coupe can be addictive, you won’t be able to live without it.