2017 Kia Niro Touring
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Marco Carvajal
As I test drive the new 2017 Niro I understand why consumers are buying this car more and more at the present time
2017 Kia Niro Touring
1.6L liter, Inline 4 Full Parallel Hybrid System
Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)
Dual Clutch 6-Speed Automatic with Sportmatic
104 hp @ 5,700 rpm
109 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm
Fuel Tank Capacity
46city/ 40hwy/ 43 combined Estimated MPG
It has a hybrid engine that will save a lot of your budget in gas and also makes the engine ultra quiet
The 2017 Kia Niro Touring is a beautiful compact SUV with a low price starting at less than $30,000. It has a hybrid engine that will save a lot of your budget in gas and also makes the engine ultra quiet. As with many of the new KIAs the look of the Niro is modern, elegant and one could think that costs double the price. As I test drive the new 2017 Niro I understand why consumers are buying this car more and more at the present time.
Nowadays Kia is one of the most popular cars among car users. The company aims to produce cars that people will love and admire. Recent events have shown the results: the 2017 Sportage won the Red Dot Award for Product Design in 2016. The 2016 Optima received Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com Midsize Car Best Buy Award.
In 2016 Kia has shifted up to number 69 on Interbrand’s list of 100 Best Global Brands. In just the past year, the performance as a global brand has enhanced the brand value more than 11%, growing to an estimated $6.3 billion USD.
Kia introduced the superb K900, their first rear-drive, full-size luxury sedan. Also, Kia debuted the Soul EV, their first all-electric, zero-emissions vehicle. New technologies are implemented on and on. From its style to small details, materials to safety features, Kia continues to innovate and enrich all the lineup. As a proof, 2016, Kia has shifted up to number 69 on Interbrand’s list of 100 Best Global Brands. In just the past year, the performance as a global brand has enhanced the brand value more than 11%, growing to an estimated $6.3 billion USD.
2017 Kia Niro Touring
With brilliant performance, the Kia Niro was led in the achievement of a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for Lowest fuel consumption all over the USA in a hybrid car. Wayne Gerdes and co-driver Robert Winger reached this degree by driving the Niro EX 3,715 miles—from LA to NYC—with only 4.1 tanks of gas. That’s a record-setting point of an incredible 76.6 mpg.
Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC) offers an additional system of security when moving from a stop on a tough hill by preventing the car from running backward. It operates by accurately applying the brakes for few seconds while you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
The Niro’s Antilock Braking System (ABS) applies electronic sensors to detect when the wheels start skidding. At this very second it modulates brake to help lessen skidding and let you feel control. Projector Beam Headlights perform enhanced illumination, letting you to better detect surface and the road ahead.
Niro is first Kia’s loyal hybrid crossover with 50 mpg efficiency and a range of nearly 600 miles.
Prices and Versions
The 2017 Kia Niro Touring is presented in 5 models, they are: FE, LX, EX, Touring and Touring Launch Edition.[su_table]
|2017 KiaNiro Touring||$29,650|
- 6L liter, Inline 4 Full Parallel Hybrid System
- Horsepower 104 hp @ 5,700 rpm
- Torque 109 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm
- Fuel Tank Capacity 9 gallons
- Fuel economy 46city/ 40hwy/ 43 combined Estimated MPG
There also is an Active Eco System included to proactively control parts of the engine, transmission, and air condition system to achieve optimal fuel economy.
The 2017 Kia Niro Touring is available in 7 different colors. Exterior styling is designed to details: the Niro’s modern athletic look shows available 18″ alloy wheels for a low-profile outward.
An exterior is very smooth, raising the plank of how a hybrid can look like. High-Intensity Discharge (HID) projector beam headlights, LED positioning lamps, and a rear spoiler add some special accent.
- 18″ Alloy Wheels
- Glossy Black Radiator Grille with Chrome Trim
- Black Fender and Rocker Rail Cladding
- Rear Spoiler
- Mirror-Mounted LED Turn-Signal Indicators
- Heated Outside Mirrors
- Power-Folding Outside Mirrors
- LED Daytime Running Lights, LED Positioning Lights
- Fog Lights
- Rear Combination Lamps, LED
The interior is available in 2 different colors, Charcoal Leather and Light Grey with electric Blue Accents Leather.
- UVO eServices with 8″ Touch-Screen Display, Voice-Command Navigation System
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Harman/Kardon Premium Surround Sound with Clari-Fi, 8 Speakers, and Integrated Subwoofer
- Rear-Camera Display
- Front & Rear Parking Assist System (FRPAS)
- Blind Spot Detection System (BSD), with Lane Change Assist
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC)
- Interior Lighting with Delay
- Mood Lighting, Dual Map Light
Seating & trim
- Leather Seat Trim
- 10-Way Driver’s Seat Adjustment, with 2-way Lumbar Support
- Driver’s Seat Integrated Memory System (IMS)
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- 60/40 Split Folding Rear Seat w/Center Armrest & Adjustable Rear Headrests
- Leather-Wrapped and Heated Steering Wheel & Gear Shift Knob
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags, Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags, Driver’s Side Knee Airbag
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- High Line Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
The all-new 2017 Kia Niro Touring hybrid crossover performs its best! Precise, elegant performance, a spacious and variegated interior, and an EPA-est. 50 mpg combined.
It has a hybrid engine with the latest hybrid technologies. The hybrid engine is so quiet that is hard to know if the car is on or off without looking at the dashboard.
Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com staff members rounded up the standout hybrids of 2017 and, after many tests, picked their 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $40,000. First in the list is the 2017 Kia Niro, which KBB.com eulogizes for its innovative drivetrain that also has s super-efficient 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Niro is a small SUV, but still na SUV, enough space, great look, nice features all for less than $30,000.