2018 Lexus LC 500h
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Lexus
The 2018 LC 500H two-doors hybrid coupe is the perfect mix between luxury and efficiency, the hybrid version of the sporty LC 500. The LC complements its superior advanced platform and amazing design with a very high-quality interior, high-tech, and a powerful hybrid V6 engine for fabulous performance and great fuel economy.
The beautiful and sporty 2018 Lexus LC 500H gets the attention of everyone on the road…you can drive near luxury expensive European fast cars like Aston-Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati and feel at the same level when driving the LC500…but paying less than half of the purchase price.
The LC500H also has an spectacular exterior that makes you feel that the sale price above $96,000 is actually very low compared to how much you would get with this beautiful fast and luxurious machine.
I tried to spend the full tank of the LC500H driving 260 miles from Miami to Daytona Beach, but I only used half of the gas tank, where normally with other cars I will use a full tank on the same distance. This hybrid is great in terms of fuel efficiency, it looks like a race bar, but it doesn’t spend much gas, thanks to its hybrid technology.
2018 Lexus LC 500h
10 speed automatic, multi stage hybrid transmission
3.5-liter, V6 full hybrid powertrain
High-output, permanent-magnet, electric-drive motor with EV mode
Fuel Economy MPG
Combined Estimated MPG
26 City / 35 Hwy
The 2018 LC 500 is Lexus’ flagship performance coupe with capacity for 4 people. Great design and high-performance are synonymous of the LC 500 performance coupe. The LC has a stunning design, scintillating performance, long-distance comfort and premium craftsmanship.
Among the many factors that make the LC so special, we can talk about multifunctional suspension and adaptive shock absorbers that perfectly match the electric power steering. Large disc brakes and 21-inch Michelin Pilot Sport wheels. Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes to adapt in the best way to your personal style to ride.
The 2018 Lexus LC 500h is equipped with a complex hybrid power engine, consisting of a 3.5-liter V6 and an electric motor with a total capacity of 356 liters. A 10-speed automatic transmission to produce exact and smooth shifts at all speeds. 354 Horsepower!
According to Lexus.com the LC500 has “overall handling Performance equal to the Aston Martin DB11”. The LC 500h includes a new Multi Stage Hybrid System to enhance the performance.
Eccentric appearance and a luxurious interior combined with very advanced technical components makes the LC500H a masterpiece of art.
Lexus is a division of the Japanese car manufacturer Toyota, which produces luxury models. The original purpose of creating Lexus was the production of prestigious cars, expensive, luxurious, and beautiful. The word “Lexus” in its sound is similar to the word “lux”. It is this word and its derivatives “luxury”, “luxury car” what describes the entire history of the brand.
In 1983, at a secret meeting for Toyota Corporation Board of Directors, Eiji Toyoda, chairman of the board, voiced an idea that could be briefly described: “Challenge the best cars in the world”.
A few years later, in 1989 Lexus launched with two luxury sedans, the LS 400 and ES 250. In a year, out of thousands of parties were interested to become Lexus dealers, but only 121 top-notch dealers were selected for Lexus’ first year of business. In 1991 Lexus introduced an all-new ES 330 as well as the SC 300 and SC 300 sport coupes.
Prices & Versions
A starting price above 96K may sound high if compared to regular car prices, but when you feel the power and beautify of the LC500H, plus the great fuel efficiency, then you may start to wonder if the price is actually not expensive for this luxury race-like car.[su_table]
|2018 Lexus LC 500||Starting at $92,000|
|2018 Lexus LC 500h||Starting at $96,510|
The new 2018 Lexus LC 500h has an amazing design. A long hood, narrow diode headlights and a proprietary spindle-shaped grille. The body profile of the new coupe demonstrates elegant shapes and smooth lines, with aerodynamic elements. A long hood, huge radii of wheel arches, compact doors with cool compact mirrors on high legs.
A unique aggressive design, which is combined with good aerodynamics features.
• 20-inch wheels
• Electrochromic outside rearview mirrors with memory
• LED front, rear and side turn signal lamps
• LED cornering lamps
• LED tail lamps with 3D graphics
• Flush-type door handles with illumination when popped out
• Hybrid blue “L” and “500h” badging
Body Structure and Paint
• Exterior colors: Smokey Granite Mica, Infrared, Ultra White, Atomic Silver, Liquid Platinum, Caviar,
Autumn Shimmer, Nightfall Mica
• Rust-resistant steel used on main body parts
• Use of sound dampening asphalt sheets reduce NVH
• Direct spray windshield wipers
• Heated electrochromic auto-dimming outside rearview mirrors
• Black, Rioja Red, Toasted Caramel, Bespoke White interior
• Newly designed small diameter 3-spoke steering wheel
• Shift knob combines leather and a satin chrome-plated bezel
• Aluminum accelerator pedal, brake pedal and footrest with anonized aluminum surface finish
• LED illuminated L-shaped pattern ornamentation on passenger side of the instrument panel
• 10-way power driver front seats, including two-way power lumbar support and memory for driver
• Leather front and NuLuxe rear seats
Instrumentation and Controls
• 8-inch LCD TFT multi-information display with Eco Driving Indicator
• Drive Mode Select knob located near multi-information display
• Steering wheel offers integrated cruise control buttons and paddle shifters
• Aluminum scuff plates
• Covered center console storage box with covered cup holder, two USB ports and a 12V socket
• Cruise control
• Vehicle Finder
• Vehicle Status Report
• Power door locks with anti-lock out
• Power tilt and telescoping adjustable steering wheel
• Power windows with one-touch up/down and jam protection
• SmartAccess keyless entry with push-button start
The 2018 Lexus LC 500h interior was designed for fans of sports coupes, while maintaining the elegance and sophistication that can expected from Lexus. The seats are designed for comfort with the possibility to install sports seats with additional lateral support for those who like speed. The front seats are spacious and comfortable, however the 2 back seats have limited space.
The navigation system, Lexus Premium Navigation is equipped with a 10.3-inch screen, the seats are upholstered in leather, and the projection image of the main data is displayed on the windshield so that the driver is not distracted from the road.
- Black, Rioja Red, Toasted Caramel, Bespoke White interior
- Newly designed small diameter 3-spoke steering wheel
- Drape-like surface design and ambient illumination on door panels
- Satin metallic finish throughout
- Shift knob combines leather and a satin chrome-plated bezel
- Aluminum accelerator pedal, brake pedal and footrest with anonized aluminum surface finish
- LED illuminated L-shaped pattern ornamentation on passenger side of the instrument panel
- 10-way power driver front seats, including two-way power lumbar support and memory for driver
- Leather front and NuLuxe rear seats
Instrumentation and Controls
- 8-inch LCD TFT multi-information display with Eco Driving Indicator
- Drive Mode Select knob located near multi-information display
- Steering wheel offers integrated cruise control buttons and paddle shifters
- Aluminum scuff plates
- Covered center console storage box with covered cup holder, two USB ports and a 12V socket
- Cruise control
- LED door courtesy lights, glove box light and trunk light
- Deodorizing and dust/pollen-removing interior air filter
- Front and rear dome light and individual LED map lights integrated into headliner
- HomeLink programmable garage door opener
- Lexus Enform Remote – Allows customers to remotely view and control certain aspects of their Lexus
vehicle via a mobile application for iOS and Android smartphone users. Lexus Enform Remote application
is separate from Lexus Enform App Suite application (not on head unit). Requires Lexus Enform Safety
Connect and Lexus Enform Remote subscriptions. Customers must register for service.
- Ability to use with multiple Lexus vehicles
- Engine/HVAC start/stop
- Guest Driver Monitor
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock
- Vehicle Finder
- Vehicle Status Report
- Power door locks with anti-lock out
- Power tilt and telescoping adjustable steering wheel
- Power windows with one-touch up/down and jam protection
- SmartAccess keyless entry with push-button start
This hybrid coupe includes as many safety features as the gasoline version: eight airbags, modern multimedia, two-zone “climate”, high-quality audio system, 20-inch wheel disks, adaptive chassis, cruise control, LED optics, rear-view camera and others “chips”.
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)
- Dual-stage driver’s and dual-stage and dual-chamber front passenger’s airbag SRS
- Full length side curtain airbags SRS
- Front seat side airbag SRS
- Door side impact beams
- Front and rear energy-managing crumple zones
- Four-wheel power-assisted disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake force
Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Lexus Safety System+
– Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
– All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
– Intelligent High Beam (IHB)
– Lane Keep Assist/Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) integrates VSC, TRAC, ABS, electric power steering
(EPS),and, when equipped, Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) and Active Rear Steering
- Pop-up Hood
- Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) and Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) function for all positions
except driver (driver’s only equipped with ELR)
- Entry system with lock, two-stage unlock, trunk open and “panic” features, volume-adjustable confirmation
tone and rolling code technology
- Lexus Enform Service Connect and Safety Connect with Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle
Location, Emergency Assist Button, and Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Vehicle theft-deterrent system
The 2 door coupe, the 2018 Lexus LC 500h is very beautiful and luxury car priced just above the 100K. For those who like race cars and luxury cars, the LC500 combines the look of both, luxury and sport-race cars. The hybrid version maintains all the attributes of the LC500 but with a powerful hybrid engine.
Just in case you are not convinced….the LC 500 includes an amazing design, and great features like a high proportion of high-strength steels in the body structure and independent spring-and-arm suspension with adaptive shock absorbers. The LC 500 is equipped with active steering, with an electric booster and a powerful braking system. The basic equipment of the new Lexus LS 500 is very generous: dual-zone climate control, pioneer audio system, multimedia complex with 12.3-inch touch screen, leather interior trim, electric drive, heated and front comfort seats, Lexus Safety System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Pre-Collision System, Lane Keep Assist, Automatic High Beam and already familiar attributes of a high-tech modern car, like an electronic parking brake, a panoramic view system and a parking assistant.
The LC 500 H, is one of the most beautiful sport coupes, it looks amazing from any point of view!
This hybrid version of the 500 is a great first step towards a future electrical engine, perhaps in a few years we will see the all electric LC 500.
If you can afford to pay $96,510 for a sport car, then the LC500H might be your new love, you will feel like a half million dollars for a tenth of the price.