2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Marco Carvajal & Nissan
As I start to drive this large and powerful full size SUV across the coast of Florida, I feel that I am ready and well protected for any type of road, weather, any adventure, or even a war! The 2018 Nissan Armada is very very solid, strong, safe and powerful. This SUV is Nissan’s flagship SUV, powered by a V8 engine, full of features and with a very beautiful luxury interior.
The Armada made its US debut during 2017. The 2018 Armada is the second generation. The Armada is mechanically similar to Nissan’s luxury brand brother, the Infiniti QX80.
The new 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve has received several enhancements getting more demand from car buyers, and selling very well across the U.S. The 2018 Armada has 4 different models available, SV, SL, Platinum and the Platinum Reserve. I am driving the Platinum Reserve, the top of the line.[su_table]
2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve
Intelligent 4×4 with 2-speed transfer case (4WD models)
7-speed automatic transmission with
5.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine
390 hp @ 5,800 rpm
394 lb-ft of torque @ 4,000 rpm
Fuel Economy MPG
Combined Estimated MPG
14 City / 19 Hwy
The Nissan Armada is a full size SUV, for 8 passengers. If you need a little bit of power, it comes standard with 390 horsepower and towing capacity of 8,500 pounds. This large SUV made its US debut during 2017. The 2018 is the second generation.
The Nissan Armada is now Nissan’s flagship SUV. It is powered by a 5.6 litter V8 engine and comes loaded full of features. The interior is very beautiful and luxury.
Second row passengers would love their own DVD monitors. Platinum and Platinum Reserve models come with standard DVD Family Entertainment System with dual 8.0-inch head restraint DVD monitors, USB and HDMI ports. 2 VTR jacks, 2 wireless headphones and a remote control.
The wireless headphones offer 3 types of virtual surround modes.
The new 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve received several enhancements and has 4 different models available, SV, SL, Platinum and the Platinum Reserve. I am driving the Platinum Reserve, the top of the line, priced around $62,000. Considering that the Platinum Reserve is the top of the line, the price is actually very good. The lowest price available for the 2018 Armada is around $46,000 for the SV model.
The new 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve comes with more aggressive bumpers, a radiator grille with small cells and plastic pads on the wheel arches. Enhancements on the inside include more USB connectors, and a new more advanced navigation system with an eight-inch touch screen infotainment system. Other features include improved voice control with the ability to dial messages.
In terms of fuel economy don’t expect much savings as it spends an average of 16 miles per gallon, what is not too low, but let’s not forget that the Armada has a large V8 engine.
I am driving the Platinum Reserve, the top of the line, priced around $62,000. Considering that the Platinum Reserve is the top of the line, the price is actually low and of great value for this full size SUV. The lowest price available for the 2018 Armada is around $46,000 for the SV model.[su_table]
|2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve||Starting at $62.190|
The Armada 2018 maintain the original rugged, athletic image but with a more modern and flashy design. The body of the Armada comes with an aggressive stance with a beautiful bold V-motion front grille. The Armada looks very powerful on the Exterior, the high-raised nose makes this car look like a big unstoppable beast, dark chrome trim on the front grille, the 20″ x 8.0″ 8-spoke wheels have a special dark chrome-clad finish makes this vehicle look luxury and shiny.
The exterior is enhanced by front fenders including functional air intake vents. Chrome-plated, electro-chromic anti-dazzle side mirrors with memory, heat and puddle lamps. In case you want more features, the liftgate comes with auto-closure feature and available power function.
The front grille includes Standard LED low-beam headlights with halogen high beams and also bright LED Daytime Running Lights.
- SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link with 3-year
complimentary trial access
- Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant
- Nissan Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- Rear air conditioning with rear controls
- RearView Monitor
- Front and Rear Sonar System
Platinum Reserve – Features:
- Dark chrome exterior trim
- 20″ Dark chrome-clad aluminum-alloy wheels
The 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve has been designed to have eight passengers, the interior is very spacious and the seats are very comfortable. There is plenty of space, the Armada feels like private jet inside with very nice leather. A special two-tone leather-appointed seats and interior trim are available on the premium version, the Platinum Reserve.
The covers of surfaces are soft, hard plastic is almost missing. The new Armada is an absolute modernization of the interior in comparison with the predecessor.
The base SV comes with dual power seats, stereo system with 13 speakers and a backup camera. The luxury Platinum Reserve package comes with seat heaters for the second row, exclusive interior, including premium two-tone leather-appointed seats with contrast stitching, among other niceties.
Intelligent RearView Monitor or I-RVM
A very innovative feature included in the Armadas is the new RearView Monitor, just one click on the mirror frame on the rear-view mirror of the Armada and instead of the usual reflection, the driver will watch the broadcast from a camera located on the top of the back door. This new feature has been used by Nissan for the first time in the Armada, but it is plan to expand to include it in other models. This RearView Monitor camera is able to work in the dark.
- Three 12-volt DC power outlets
- Cargo-area storage under rear floor
- Eight cargo tie-down hooks
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- 8-way power front passenger’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Second-row 60/40 split fold-down bench seat
- Third-row 60/40 split fold-down bench seat
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Wood-tone trim and black carpeting
- Bose Audio System with 13 speakers
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio3 and HD Radio
- Four USB ports
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System
Platinum Reserve – Features:
- Exclusive interior including premium two-tone
leather-appointed seats with contrast stitching
- Unique open-pore wood-tone interior trim
- Platinum Reserve interior and exterior badging
- Captain’s Chairs Package available optional.
The Armada is very safe, it comes loaded with the new Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant-classification sensors and all the following safety features:
- Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with rollover sensor help provide head protection for outboard
- occupants for all three rows
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS)
- 3-point ALR/ELR passenger seat belt system (ELR for driver)
- Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for cap)
- Child-safety rear door locks
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Hood buckling creases and safety stops
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- High-strength side-door guard beams
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Features available on the Platinum Reserve Model
- Lane Departure Warning
- Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning
- Intelligent Back-up Intervention
- Blind Spot Warning
- Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention
The 2018 is the second generation of the Nissan Armada, it is a full size SUV, for 8 passengers with a very beautiful and luxury interior. The Armada is loaded with a lot of standard features included in the price like second row passengers with their own DVD monitors. Family Entertainment System with dual 8.0-inch head restraint DVD monitors, USB and HDMI ports. 2 VTR jacks, 2 wireless headphones and a remote control. A new more advanced navigation system with an eight-inch touch screen infotainment system. Other features include improved voice control with the ability to dial messages. This SUV is a great full size vehicle for any large family or big group of friends
The Armada is powered by a 5.6 litter V8 engine, producing a 390 horsepower and towing capacity of 8,500 pounds. In terms of design the new 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve comes with more aggressive bumpers, a radiator grille with small cells and plastic pads on the wheel arches.
Safety features like Nissan Advanced Air Bag System and Intelligent Forward Collision Warning with Lane Departure Warning to protect the whole crew.
The Platinum Reserve, the top of the line, priced around $62,000. Considering that the Platinum Reserve is the top of the line, the price is actually very good. The lowest price available for the 2018 Armada is around $46,000 for the SV model.