2016 Infiniti QX80 5.6L V8 4WD Limited
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Katerina Krjanina
QX80’s engine was created to perform both power and efﬁciency. The 5.6-liter V8 generates 400 horsepower, 413 lb-ft of torque, and grants an impressive maximum 8,500lb towing capacity.
2016 Infiniti QX80 5.6L V8 4WD Limited
The 5.6-liter V8 engine
7-speed automatic transmission
400 hp @ 5,800 rpm
13 city/19 hwy/ 15 combined Estimated MPG
413 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
Fuel capacity (gallons)
The 2016 Infiniti QX80 Limited must be the synonym of the word “comfort”. As we can’t always predict road conditions and surface, the QX80 automatically adjusts for better traction. The available All-Mode 4WD controls and regulate torque between front and rear wheels to save grip on slippery road. You can also select 4H and 4L modes to make your choice.
The available Hydraulic Body Motion Control system also provides isolation from different road obstacles, so passengers feel only a smooth ride. It also has the ﬁrst world’s Around View Monitor which can help parking easier.
As I start to drive the QX80 I feel the strong construction and power that comes with this Infinity. It is a very large SUV, and it is luxury and beautiful too.
The 2016 Infiniti QX80 Limited must be the synonym of the word “comfort”
Prices and Versions
There are 3 models available:
Infiniti QX80, Infiniti QX80 4WD and Infiniti QX80 Limited.
|2016 Infiniti QX80 5.6L V8 4WD Limited||$63,250|
The 2016 Infiniti QX80 Limited has a 5.6-liter (5,552cc) 32-valve V8 engine, aluminum-alloy block and heads with dry film-coated pistons.
QX80’s engine was created to perform both power and efﬁciency. The 5.6-liter V8 generates 400 horsepower, 413 lb-ft of torque, and grants an impressive maximum 8,500lb towing capacity. Boost is specially honed to the senses, accelerating with a smooth swell.
- The 5.6-liter V8 engine
- Transmission 7-speed automatic transmission
- Horsepower 400 hp @ 5,800 rpm
- Fuel economy 13 city/19 hwy/ 15 combined Estimated MPG
- Torque 413 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
The QX80 Limited adds an even higher level of mastery to the INFINITI QX80’s undeniable presence. Welcome lighting under stainless steel side steps, unique exterior badge, darkened chrome trim, and a dark-chrome ﬁnish on substantial 22-inch wheels all translate into reﬁned ruggedness. The QX80 Limited shows the higher mastery class. Welcome lighting, darkened trim with a dark-chrome ﬁnish on substantial 22-inch wheels and unique exterior badge reflect its exquisite reﬁned ruggedness.
Beside Hermosa Blue, Majestic White, Mocha Almond and Black Obsidian, the QX80 Limited is presented in two exclusive paint colors—a dramatic Imperial Black and a rich Dakar Bronze. Let’s focus on other exterior features:
- Darkened automatic on/off LED headlights with high beam assist and windshield wiper interlock
- LED turn signals and integrated front LED fog lights
- Darkened LED rear brake lights and center high-mounted stoplight (CHMSL)
- Skid plate (under radiator)
- Stainless steel running board cap with rubber grips
- Under running board welcome lighting
- Power sliding tinted glass moonroof with one-touch auto-open/close, tilt feature and sliding sunshade
- Power rear liftgate
- Aluminum rear bumper protector
- Dark chrome roof rails; Dark chrome exterior trim
- UV-reducing solar glass
- Rear privacy glass
- Remote power-opening of windows using INFINITI Intelligent Key; closing via key in exterior door lock
- Auto-dimming, power folding, heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signals, courtesy lights and reverse tilt-down feature
- Rain-sensing, variable intermittent front windshield wipers
- Rear window intermittent wiper and defroster with timer
- Integrated Class IV tow hitch and 7-pin wiring harness with cover
Infiniti QX80 combines elegant design with comfort
Speaking of the luxurious interior details of the QX80 Limited, nothing has been emitted. It manages to combine elegant design with comfort, and both are important. Heated front seats feature power adjustments and available cooling There also is optional heating legroom for the 2-nd row passengers in a captain’s chair. For 3rd-row passengers, comfort is found in the shaped contours of seats that power-recline. The memory system can adjust the driver’s seat, steering wheel, and the side-view mirrors to your personal settings.
Some of the interior features are:
- INFINITI Intelligent Key with Illuminated Push Button Ignition
- Remote Engine Start System19
- 3-blink turn signals
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control system with microfilter
- Upper dashboard mild-flow vent
- Rear-seat heated ducts under front seats
- Power windows with illuminated switches and one-touch auto-up/down with safety reverse feature
- Power door locks with anti-lockout feature
- Retained accessory power for windows and moonroof
- Sequential welcome lighting illuminated entry system and overhead ambient light
- Front sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extensions
- Overhead sunglasses storage
- Lockable glove compartment
- Front seatback map pockets; front and rear door pockets
- 9 cup holders and 4 bottle holders
- Front center console with adjustable armrest, storage compartment and 12-volt power outlet
- Second-row center console armrest with two storage compartments
- 12-volt power outlet in cargo area
INFINITI Connection Convenience and Concierge services will save lots of your time.
- Destination Send-to-Vehicle
- My Schedule (Google Calendar)
- Connected Search
- Destination Assistance
With INFINITI Connection Remote Services give you opportunity to you control your QX80 just like your phone, even if it’s away. Keep tabs on its location, speed, and more with programmable alerts that put you in control, even when you’re not.
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock
- Drive Zone Alert
- Valet Alert
- Max Speed Alert
Safety and Security
INFINITI Connection’s Personal Security features promise even more confidence on board of your QX80. If any help is needed in an emergency, INFINITI Connection will take care of you and your passengers.
The world’s ﬁrst Around View Monitor helps make parking easier. There included four cameras around the QX80 and they work with cutting-edge technology to build a virtual 360° bird’s eye view on your display. These and many other functions will make any driver feel confident.
- Automatic Collision Notiﬁcation
- Emergency Call
- Stolen Vehicle Notiﬁcation
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Alarm Notiﬁcation
- Remote Door Lock/Unlock
- Scheduled Maintenance Notiﬁcation
- Maintenance Alert
• Remote keyless entry system with selective unlocking of driver’s door or all doors
• INFINITI Vehicle Immobilizer System embeds an encoded transponder chip into ignition key. The engine control computer will not allow the engine to start without the correct key and transponder
• Vehicle Security System sounds alarm if intrusion is detected
• Convenience & Concierge
2016 Infiniti QX80 Limited can become a great choice if you appreciate comfort and high-class ride. Hydraulic Body Motion Control system makes it even more than possible, making different surface smoother, so the driver can feel maximum grip with the road even in the rainy or snowy weather.
If you explore the interior features more detailed, you will see how this one benefits in the row with competitive ones. In terms of pricing the 2016 Infiniti QX80 5.6L V8 4WD Limited is available for a price near $60,000. Definitely not in the lowest price in the market, but this is a very luxury and beautiful SUV, and it is powerful. You feel the power when you are driving this large SUV, you feel big, something that you might not achieve with other SUVs in a lower price range.
You feel the power when you are driving this large SUV, you feel big
Infinity is a luxury brand, it means quality and it means beautiful cars, and the QX80 definitely means quality and beauty.