Written by Daryna Lohvinova
The states of Europe, the USA, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other countries, in whole or in part, impose restrictions on the entry of foreigners into the territory due to the spread of the coronavirus. Measures are introduced for a period of two weeks to a month, or until the epidemiological situation stabilizes.
On March 14, the government of Ukraine adopted an order to temporarily restrict the crossing of the state border, aimed at preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus in Ukraine.
On the evening of March 26, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, in his address regarding the fight against coronavirus, announced the closure of the state border for all Ukrainians who will not have time to return home by the end of the day on March 27. Since March 28, the state border has been closed, all passenger traffic has been stopped.
– No one will forget about a single Ukrainian who will stay abroad. We will gradually return you from abroad, but taking into account the epidemic situation at the place of your stay, as well as the level of provision with the necessary funds and the readiness of the medical system for your mandatory isolation, the head of state noted.
Zelensky also stressed that “no politician or businessman in state and communal hospitals will have better conditions than an ordinary Ukrainian.” All sick people will be in those wards and those hospitals that “in 28 years you have built in this country.”
How to protect yourself and your family?
- Avoid contact with people with SARS symptoms. With those who have cold symptoms. The minimum distance is 1.5 meters
- Strengthen your immune system and monitor your well-being. Adequate nutrition, healthy sleep, exercise, and body hydration
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use an antiseptic, the alcohol content of which should not be less than 60-80%
- Avoid touching your face. Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with dirty hands.
- Process food thermally. Do not eat raw meats, organ meats, and eggs
- Disinfect surfaces and packaging
- Cancel events that involve large crowds.
- Work from home whenever possible
- See your doctor in time. If the first symptoms of ARVI appear, contact your family doctor immediately.