2017 Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by KIA
The 2017 Kia Sorento is a 3-rows, five-doors, all-wheel drive designed for tough roads. The Sorento is Kia’s best-selling crossover utility vehicle (CUV), there are many reasons for that!
The facelift version of the third generation Sorento is a vey appealing crossover CUV with many new enhancements. The new Kia Sorento includes some previously unavailable features for safety and driver assistance like the Autonomous Emergency Braking and Dynamic Bending Lights. This CUV comes packed with new technology such as Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®. Some of the new upgrades include two new optional packages for greater flexibility, like the Advanced Touring Package and the Advanced Technology Package.
The 2017 Kia Sorento SXL V6 is an example of a timely light re-styling by Kia’s designers and engineers. The shape of the crossover has changed with some details providing better image and status.
The 2017 Kia Sorento is made in the United States, built at Kia’s U.S. manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia. The Korean car leader, KIA is becoming more and more American, as U.S. sales keep rising up and we see Kia cars on every corner
2017 Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD
All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
Electronically Controlled 6-Speed Automatic with Overdrive
3.3 liter, DOHC, 24-valve V6
290 hp @ 6,400 rpm
252 lb-ft @ 5,300 rpm
Fuel economy MPG
Combined Estimated MPG
17 City / 23 HWY
The new 2017 Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD can be a terrific 3-rows city car for outdoor activities but also ready for any country road or weekend adventure.
The Sorento was created in accordance with the highest standards and passed numerous tests. Like all Kia models, this CUV is covered by an unprecedented 10-year warranty. Something that make consumers feel very confident about KIA’s brand. A 10 year warranty is great way to show to car buyers that KIA quality standards keep going up.
Many car buyers start to have mechanical issues on their cars when the warranty has just expired, but with the 10 year KIA’s long warranty you will be a happy car owner, worry-free.
With the new 2017 Kia Sorento SXL you can see some updates to the exterior, as well as interior design, including some of the latest technology in the field of security and connection to cars, and a new climate control LCD display.
The dashboard also features a new Audio Visual Navigation (AVN) system
Kia Sorento – a mid-size crossover of the Korean company Kia Motors, has been produced since the year 2002. The Sorento was named after the Italian resort town of Sorento.
The premiere of this off-road car from Kia took place on a motor show in Chicago, in 2002. Kia positions the Sorento as an SUV that has a strong frame body, a rear spring suspension of a dependent type, and a rear independent suspension in a two-lever design.
The Sorento has been designed especially for off-road components, which allow you to feel comfort and a sense of superiority on any kind of road. Korean developers have not forgotten about the behavior of the car on high-quality road surface, where the driver can enjoy the comfort of a smooth movement and excellent controllability. Perfect feelings all passengers who won’t be irritated by the noise of the engine and the rustling of tires. After 15 years we can see the results of KIA’s innovation and hard work, the Sorento is the company’s best selling CUV.
The 2017 Sorento has received the “2017 Best Cars for the Money awards” from U.S. News & World Report.
U.S. News recognized vehicles across 20 categories that provide consumers with the best combination of quality and value, naming the Sorento the Best 3-Row SUV for the Money.
The SXL V6 AWD is the top of the line for the Sorento, priced around 44K. The L is the base starting version priced around 25K. Kia has been smart and flexible to offer many different version of the 2017 Sorento with a great open price range fro all budgets from 25,000 to 44,000. Considering that the SXL is the top of the line and comes with several features, the price continue to show Kia’s effort to offer value and low price on all KIA’s line. Why to pay more? when you can buy a beautiful car, full of features, with a great 10 year warranty? I guess that is one of the reasons why KIA keeps going up in sales and become one of the best-selling automotive brands in the U.S. and abroad.[su_table]
|2017 Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD||$44,100|
The most noticeable changes on the exterior are primarily a new design, the 2017 Kia Sorento SXL V6 AWD is now fully LED optics, with new daytime running lights (also LED), which are now located at the bottom of the headlamp housing, providing a more trendy look. The updated front fog lights consist of four elements in the form of a square. In the radiator grille, the shape of the cells have increased, and the shape of the blackened zone slightly changed in the front bumper. If you look at the profile, then the same neat punching on the door panels and the chrome insert over the protective black plastic.
The following are some of the main exterior features of the Sorento:
- Front Grille, Dark Metallic
- Body-Color & Heated Outside Mirrors w/ LED Turn Signal Indicators
- Illuminated Door Handle Pockets
- Power-Folding Outside Mirrors
- Smart Welcome
- Reverse Tilt-Down Outside Mirrors
- Panoramic Sunroof with Power Sunshade
- Smart Power Liftgate
- Programmable Liftgate Height Adjustment
- Solar Control Glass
- Sound-Absorbing Windshield Glass
- Sound-Absorbing Front Window Glass
- Privacy Glass
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Windshield De-Icer
- Rear Wiper/Washer
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Projector Beam Headlights w/ Auto-Leveling
- Dynamic Bending Light (DBL) w/ Auto-Leveling
- Auto Light Control
- LED Positioning Lights, Jewel-Type
- LED Front Fog Lights
- LED Rear Combination Lamps
- Low Profile Roof Rails, Chrome Finish
- Rear Spoiler
- Lower Bumper Accents, Stainless Steel
- Rear Bumper Protector, Stainless Steel
- Wheel Arch Moulding, Body Color
- Lower Door Moulding, Chrome
- Locking Fuel-Filler Door
Changes in the interior of 2017 Kia Sorento SXL enhance the already nice image of this car. The fully redesigned steering wheel now boasts four spokes, a new combination of keys and a new design of sign: if before it was just a circle of perfect shape with a chrome badge ”Kia”, but now in the circle is inscribed an inverted trapezoid. Slightly updated and the design of the handle of the gearbox: the holder became longer. The climate block can now boast a black lacquered edging. Versions of Sorento with leather interior will receive an original design of the side support zone with checkered inserts.
The new multimedia system now offers the ability to use Apple CarPlay and Android Auto systems, in addition, the smartphone can now be recharged via Wi-Fi.
- UVO eServices with Navigation, 8″ Color Touch-Screen Display, SiriusXM® Traffic, HD Radio™, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Infinity® 10-Speaker Audio w/ Clari-Fi™, External Amplifier & Subwoofer, HD Radio
- Rear-Camera Display
- Rear Parking Assist System (RPAS)
- Surround View Monitor (SVM)
- Blind-Spot Detection (BSD) System
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Advanced Smart Cruise Control (ASCC)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology Hands-Free Connectivity
- Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio, Hands-Free Phone, and Cruise Control Buttons
- USB/Auxiliary Input Jack
- USB 2.1 Charger Ports
- 12-Volt Power Outlets
- 110-Volt Power Inverter
- Supervision Meter Cluster w/ 7″ Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Color LCD Display
- Trip Computer
- EcoMinder® Fuel-Efficiency Indicator
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Drive Mode Select
- Power Windows with Driver & Passenger One-Touch Auto-Up/Down
- Power Windows with 2nd-Row One-Touch Auto-Up/Down
- Power Door Locks with Speed Sensing Lock and Impact Sensing Unlock
- Push Button Start w/Smart Key and Immobilizer
- Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) with Auto-Hold
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- 3rd Row Air Conditioning, with Controls
- Center Console with Armrest
- Dual Front Cup Holders
- 2nd-Row Center Arm Rest with Cup Holders
- Front & Rear Door Bottle Holders
- Auto-Dimming Mirror with HomeLink®
- Interior Accent Illumination
- Overhead Sunglasses Holder
- LED Map and Room Lights
- Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Integrated 2nd-Row Window Sunshades
- Premium Nappa Leather Seat Trim
- 14-Way Power-Adjustable Driver’s Seat
- Front Seats Back Pockets
- 40/20/40 Split-Folding 2nd-Row Seats
- Sliding & Auto-Folding 2nd-Row Seats
- 50/50 Split-Folding 3rd-Row Seats
- 2nd-Row Adjustable Headrests
- Heated Front Seats
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Heated 2nd-Row Seats
- Height-Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors
- Driver’s Seat Integrated Memory System (IMS)
- Leather & Wood-Style Gearshift Handle
- Leather & Black Deco Gearshift Handle
- Leather-Wrapped & Wood-Style Steering Wheel
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Illuminated Aluminum Door Sill Scuff Trim
- Stainless-Steel Liftgate Trim
- Stainless-Steel Pedals
- Carpeted Floormats
Safety continues to be improved, the 2017 Kia Sorento SXL includes several innovations, you can also highlight a tracking system for road marking, system for monitoring blind areas and the distance behind moving object, as well as smart cruise control. Lighting has now become dynamic, that is, allow you to highlight the area where the steering wheel is turned.
The new Driver Attention Warning (DAW) system combats distracted or drowsy driving.
This safety system monitors the number of inputs from the car and the driver. A beep sounds and the graphics on the instrument are displayed if the system sees a lack of concentration from the driver. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the United States 100,000 accidents are a direct consequence of driver fatigue each year.
The following are some of the safety features available on the Sorento:
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags (1st & 2nd Rows)
- Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
Priced at 45K the 2017 Kia Sorento SXL V6 is a nice and comfortable crossover. Its size is smaller than many SUVs, what makes the Sorento a good car for both city and country or suburbs. It is made in the U.S.! Kia started in Korea but it is expanding more and more operations and production in the U.S.
The 2017 Sorento is available with many new features like autonomous emergency braking, This new security system is capable of something that a person cannot normally do, by continuously monitor what is happening in front of the car and stop when necessary. When this system feels that a collision is inevitable, and no actions are taken on the part of the driver to avoid it, then the car uses the brakes, is like having a co-pilot driving with you. This is just an example of some of the features included.
The “Smart Lift-gate” has simplified the process of opening the luggage compartment when your hands are busy. Instead of pressing the button of the key fob, just stand for a few seconds with this key fob in the pocket at the rear and the trunk door will open.
If you want a comfortable medium size crossover with a very reasonable price tag, very good equipment and several extras, then the Sorento is totally worth a look and a test drive.