2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Toyota
Toyota seems to be in a constant search of new ways to improve their operations, challenging themselves to innovate and show better results in the new models.
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)
Continuously Variable Transmission with intelligence and Shift Mode (CVTi-S)
1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
132 hp 6000 rpm, 128 lb.-ft. @ 4400 rpm
Fuel tank Capacity
27 city/35 hwy/30 combined Estimated mpg
When I open the driver door of the Toyota Corolla I remember some of my friends of my teen years, who were the luck ones to have a Corolla. At that time it was a very cool car to own, not every teenager was so luck to have one, not only youth, also adults have been loving this car during a few generations. This car has been in American households for a few decades, it is not a new car, but Toyota keeps reinventing the Corolla and it keeps selling!
Toyota seems to be in a constant search of new ways to improve their operations, challenging themselves to innovate and show better results in the new models. This idea you have when you first see the new 2017 Toyota Corolla SE, sporty-inspired, improved Corolla LE model. It worth attention, because this car performs many advantages, especially if you are a keen of fast, but safe drive.
Safety may begin with the driver, but it certainly doesn’t end there. Toyota keep constantly searching for ways to protect those, who are outside and inside the car, as well as to prevent car accidents.
it is not a new car, but Toyota keeps reinventing the Corolla and it keeps selling!
Kiichiro Toyoda founded Toyota Motor Corporation and the automotive Toyota Group. The idea of his own business goes back to the time, when he used to assist his father’s carpentry business, and decided to find a way of improving the batten-equipped tall loom.
In 1890, Sakichi moved to Yokohama in order to apply a patent for his renewed hand loom design, traveling to the patent office in Tokyo to file the necessary application. It was a wooden handloom and the patent application was accepted in November that year, and was awarded a patent No. 1195, “Loom”, the following year on May 14, 1891.
June, 1933 he started to prepare for the new Automotive Production Division and sent his director to the U.S. and Europe to buy machine tools for automotive production that had been thoroughly carefull studied beforehand and concentrated his efforts on a design that used common parts, so that customers could use service parts for the Ford and Chevrolet vehicles that were prevalent in Japan at the time. The very first SB truck was launched in April 1947, small truck equipped with the S engine.
In a period from October 1947 to 1952, 197 units of the Model SA passenger car were manufactured.
The 2017 Toyota Corolla SE has:
- 8-Liter 4-Cylinder DOHC 16-Valve engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i); 132 hp 6000 rpm, 128 lb.-ft. 4400 rpm
- Fuel Tank capacity is 13.2 gal.
- Estimated MPG in the city is 27, and 35 Estimated MPG in the highway.
- Continuously Variable Transmission with intelligence and Shift Mode (CVTi-S)
When you try to estimate all the details together, it is fair to say that the 2017 Toyota Corolla SE has a powerful engine, with Normal and Sport driving modes, which can satisfy any customer.
Prices and Versions
The 2017 Toyota Corolla SE is one of the Corollas models, which are L, LE, XLE, LE Eco, SE 6MT, 50th Anniversary Special Edition and XSE.[su_table]
|2017 Toyota Corolla SE||$20,445|
The 2017 Corolla SE is very attractive on the outside.
It’s hard to ignore the Corolla special 17-in alloy wheels. This is a sport-motivated car, with stylish black-painted accents and Chrome-tipped exhaust.
Yes, this one is really inspired by sport cars, it’s easy to notice in the details:
- Multi-LED headlights with LED accent lights
- Bumper-integrated LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Rear combination taillights with LED backup lights
- Sporty front fascia with gloss-black, mesh-pattern grille
- Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators
- Rear spoiler
- 17-in. machined alloy wheels with black-painted accents
- Chrome-tipped exhaust
Voice and audio systems are automated to the level when you can drive and do many tasks at the same time, only with the help of voice-command system.
Corolla’s advanced cabin is provided with technology that helps keep your hands free. Thus, new steering wheel-mounted controls turn on your phone, music and select new Safety Sense features right at your fingers, so you don’t need to be distracted from driving.
Standard Bluetooth connectivity helps you to make phone calls and play music from your smartphone with your hands still on the rudder. There also is Entune Premium Audio system, with Integrated Navigation and App Suite that lets you discover new restaurants, order the table, giving you address and the shortest route. Corolla’s Multi-Information and high-resolution Display will always help to keep track.
SofTex-trimmed front sport seats with premium fabric inserts with 6-way adjustable driver’s seat; 4-way adjustable passenger seat and seatback pocket.
- Normal and Sport driving modes
- Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic 3-spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters and audio,
- Multi-Information Display,
- Bluetooth hands-free phone, voice-command,
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC),
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA) controls
- Sport instrumentation cluster with chrome-plated speedometer and tachometer, coolant temperature, 4.2-in. color TFT
- Multi-Information Display with customizable settings, odometer, tripmeters, outside temperature, current/average fuel economy, cruising range, average speed, elapsed time, shift position; TPMS,17 ECO indicator, one-touch 3-blink lane change turn signal indicator, and warning messages
What this car really attracts with, is its safety system.
- Toyota Safety SenseP (TSS-P) — Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD),
- 16 Automatic High Beams (AHB) and Eight airbags
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA)
- Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) on all passenger belts
- Adjustable front shoulder anchors, driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) includes lower anchors on outboard rear seats and tether anchors on all rear seats
- Child-protector rear door locks
- Energy-absorbing collapsible steering column
- Front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones with side-impact door beams
- Head-impact protection structure
- High-tensile-strength steel body panels
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Engine immobilizer
This model 2017 Toyota Corolla SE is an excellent choice for the fast and safe drive. It has both Normal and Sport mode.
It can’t leave one indifferent, as there really is so much to fall in love with: sport-inspired design, machined alloy wheels, Multi-LED headlights and so many more advantages in the inside. By the way, another surprise is the price, which starts at $20,445.
In conclusion, I would also love to emphasize its safety system, which is important in any way, and this sedan presented it to the full extent. Voice and audio systems are automated to a good level, when you can drive a car, and solve many tasks, only with the help of voice-command system.